Sunday 20 November 2011

Well, with a lack of my face to draw now that I've finished that little project I'm at lost a loss. So it's back to painting flying future things.
Started this a while ago and made an attempt to finish it today. I'm not sure if it is finished though...there's something there that is wrong but I don't know what. The depth? Atmospheric perspective? Saturation too high in certain places compared to others?
I dunno...I'm calling it done for now until I figure out what it is that's off about it. I just don't think the image is selling itself to me as a believable frosty expanse with airships skimming swiftly through the mountains. If anyone has any advice, t'would be good.

Onward to Stölce

2 comments:

  1. Dude, why/how do you paint such ridiculously pretty layouts? Grr.

    Advice? Hm. For an icy place, the blues (looking at the bottom right corner currently) might be a little too tropical. Perhaps if you edged them more towards cyan, more brightness, maybe less saturation? I find playing around with the hue/saturation/brightness sliders on Photoshop (or equivalent?) helps. Sometimes I purposely overshoot so I can pull back.

    As for mountains, perhaps more concrete/hard-edged, towering shapes would help, as the bits to the right seem quite soft at the moment.

    But yeah, you are doing awesome things that I could never hope to achieve. I am forever in awe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers :D and thanks for the advice, I'll take it into consideration. A fresh pair of eyes always helps.

    ReplyDelete